ESG Parent's Zone
Welcome to our Parent’s Zone where you can find the answers to all of your questions or concerns – if you have a question that we have not answered please feel free to get in touch. We also value any feedback on our classes and coaches that you wish to give us: our service is constantly being reviewed and improved and if you have any suggestions on how we can better provide you with the sports coaching you require - please let us know.
Please contact us between 9am-4pm (Monday-Friday) on 0800 043 0707 or alternately email us at email@example.com
At ESG our primary focus is on coaching children and giving them the best possible environment to succeed and be happy. Everything we do is about giving children life skills through sport. In addition to providing sports coaching, we are equally interested in helping your children grow as human beings. We are committed to the individual development of each child. We don’t just produce athletes, we build people. Our goal is simple – to help children realise their potential in life.
Please take the time to read the following terms and conditions carefully.
The definitions of words used in the terms and conditions
ESG – The England Sports Group
Course – any holiday camp or term-time coaching class
You, your – the customer
Term-time lessons – lessons that take place parallel to the period governed by a school term
Credit – a monetary value applied to an account that can be set off against the fee of a future booking
Catch-up class – a lesson provided in lieu of a lesson that was paid for, yet not attended
Individual Tennis Lessons – one-to-one tennis training
High Expectations – doing the right thing
- When you make your booking with the ESG a contract is formed between us. We are obliged to set out the conditions of that agreement below.
- Your expectations of us should be very high, and we will always aim to meet and exceed them. If things go wrong for any reason our team will always try to make good decisionsand work hard to put things right quickly.
- We trust that you will be reasonable, honest and fair, and you can be assured that we will be too.
Our Polices and Procedures
- ESG provides professionally trained coaches trained in the ESG philosophy and methodology.
- It is our policy to provide a temporary replacement in the event of a coaches absence.
- ESG coaches can only be responsible for children during their course time. The coaching lesson begins when the coach accepts responsibility of the child from the parent or guardian and ends when the child is returned to the designated drop off and pick up point at the end of the lesson.
- Our coaches will always endeavour to hand each child to their parent or guardian. However, the child is the full responsibility of the parent or guardian, when they are returned to the designated pick up point at the end of the lesson. Your child’s safety is of great importance – please ensure that you are there to collect your child at the end of the lesson.
- ESG retains comprehensive Public Liability Insurance, a copy of which is available upon request.
- ESG reserves the right to cancel or amend courses in exceptional circumstances.
Payment for any course or camp with ESG can be made:
1. Online via our websites
2. By telephone
3. By sending a cheque to our head office
(chequesare payable to England Sports Group followed by the name of the club attending e.g England Sports Group Esher)
Payment is due upon booking for holiday camps and courses, but no later than the first day of a coaching course.
- Any course payments that are two weeks overdue will incur a 3% administrative fee.
- For course payments that are four weeks over due a 5% fee administrative fee will incur.
- For credit card payments there is a 1.5% charge.
- For debit cards there is a 25p charge for bookings online.
- For debit cards there is a 25p charge for payments under £50 when done over the phone.
- If cheque returned unpaid we are charged a fee by the bank. For this reason we make a charge to you of £10 on each occasion this happens.
Bookings and Payment Conditions
- You may cancel for any reason up to 4 weeks in advance of the starting date of your camp booking in order to receive a refund minus a 10% administrative charge.
- Any cancellations after this 4-week period will result in your payment being held as a credit on your account with us.
- Illness & Injury - If your child is unable to attended camp due to illness or injury it must be validated by a doctor’s note, and will be refunded in full less the days already attended. If no doctor’s note can be given then we are unable to provide a refund.
- Any cancellations on the day due to illness or injury will not result in a refund or credit.
- If one child on the booking needs to cancel due to illness or injury, then you are also entitled to a refund for any other siblings on the booking.
- Responsibility for all booking details lies with the you when making the initial booking. Where possible we will make changes to your dates, subject to availability.
- In order to change a booking on our camps made with a 10 or 20 day pass or Season Ticket you must provide 7 days’ notice in order to receive the day back in credit onto the pass.
- 10 day and 20 day family passes and season tickets - can be used by siblings.
- Bookings must be paid for in full for holiday camps. We cannot offer reductions for any sessions missed due to holidays or other activities.
Term Time Coaching Courses
- If you cancel your place on one of our courses after it has started due to anything other than a medical reason, you will not receive a refund or credit
- Every cancellation case will be dealt with individually and you may be given a credit for the remaining sessions.
- In the event that we are forced to cancel any term-time classes due to bad weather or coach illness we will call you in advance and offer catch up lessons for alternative days. If you are unable to attend these we are not able to provide a refund, but instead will give you a credit.
- If you miss any classes during a term we can offer catch-up classes. However, it is your responsibility to be available to attend the catch-up classes during the current term.
- Let us know one week in advance when you want to do a catch-up class and we will book you into an available class. Catch-ups are subject to availability.
- No lessons missed by you can be carried over to the next term for credit or catch-ups – they will lapse and will not be rolled over to the next term.
Individual Tennis Lessons
- If you are unable to attend an individual tennis lesson, tennis coaches require five days notice.
- If you cancel an individual tennis lessons with less than 48 hours notice you will be charged the full amount as most of our coaches have a waiting list during peak times.
- Credits are valid for 12 months from the time of application can be used to reduce fees on any course. After this period the credit will be forfeited and may not be used for a future booking.
- Credits may not be used to purchase or offset fees for individual tennis lessons.
Rebooking for Term-time Courses
Many of our children attend tennis training throughout the year and become highly proficient tennis players and competitors. To assist you with renewing your booking please note the following:
- If your child is attending a current course – they are given a priority booking date for the next course.
- We provide a notice of renewal for next term approximately four weeks before the current term ends offering you priority renewal.
- It is your responsibility to rebook and confirm your child’s place before the start of each term.
- A place on the next course is not automatically be reserved for current attendees. If we have not received confirmation and payment to indicate that your child will be attending the course we will releasethe place to those on the awaiting list.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS?
At all of our holiday camps and courses we have a wet weather programme that swings into operation if it rains. When designing the structure of our courses we take the weather into account. As many of our courses take place at prestigious clubs and schools with excellent indoor facilities we can offer extensive wet weather programmes. At some clubs term-time tennis classes may need to be re-scheduled, in this case we will inform you beforehand whether the class is cancelled and when a catch-up session can be provided.
We take photographs at camps that may be used for marketing and promotional purposes. During the online booking process, when you are updating personal information on your account you have the option to give permission for photos to be taken.
For child protection reasons we cannot allow any parent to take photographs or videos at our camps or courses. If you are found to be doing this you will be asked to delete the recorded materials, whether they are of your own child or someone else’s.
Please inform us of any activities a child may not be able to take part in, the reason why, and any medical or physical conditions or behavioural problems. All information given will is confidential.
Health and safety
To maintain standards of health and safety, children with certain medical or physical conditions may not be allowed to participate in some activities. We always provide alternative activities.
Safe Guarding with ESG
The England Sports Group team have a duty to respond if we suspect a child in tour care may be suffering from abuse, or if a child makes a disclosure about abuse. In this event staff will follow The England Sports Group Safeguarding Policy and contact the local area Child Protection Committee.
Our ESG Safeguarding Policy can be viewed - http://www.englandsportsgroup.com/blog/esg-child-protection-policy
For information about how to keep your child safe please click on the link below:
The England Sports Groups ratio of coaches to children exceeds all statutory requirements. The actual ratio varies between activities, age groups, course and camps, for more information on ratios please speak to our office. In certain circumstances we might have to exceed our own ratios, however, we will never exceed those set out in statutory requirements.
Our experienced coaches know when a child's behaviour simply requires a firmer hand of guidance, however in some circumstances our disciplinary procedures will be brought into action to protect the safety and enjoyment of the other children on our camps.
1 In an instance of unacceptable disruptive behaviour, the child will be asked to sit out for a few minutes during which time the coach will address the behaviour and explain the consequences of repeated disruption.
2 If the child continues to behave in an unacceptable manner they will be asked to sit out for the rest of the session.
3 If the child persists with negative behaviour then they will be taken out of the group and spend the rest of the day with the manager. The manager will talk to the parent/carer and discuss the options. If the child shows a willingness to improve their behaviour then they can return to the camp the next day.
4 As a last resort, the Club has the right to exclude a child if when they return they continue their persistent and irresolvable unacceptable behaviour.
BULLYING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.
The England Sports Group does not accept liability for personal injury or the death of any participant unless directly caused by the proven negligence of the company or its servants.
If a child persistently misbehaved or is disruptive, and we feel their attendance affects the quality of instruction on the course or camp, we may decide to exclude them. Transport home will be the responsibility of the parent or guardian and a refund will be made for days missed.
Only one discount is applicable per child per booking. For example, if you are claiming scholarship discount or sibling discount, then only one discount can be applied.
In some circumstances, such as unsuitable weather conditions, failure of equipment, building faults and other factors which may arise from time to time, we may have to amend our services and activity programme content, times, dates and venues. In these circumstances there will be no refund or compensation to the customer.
We cannot guarantee that all activities and pursuits will take place at every Camp England location. There are certain restrictions at some locations, which mean that some activities cannot be offered. In addition, we do not run a full programme of activities during the half-terms.
The England Sports Group is committed to ensuring your child has an outstanding experience. If you are not satisfied with the service we provide, then we want to know. If your child is still at the camp we can almost always resolve any problem. If we hear of a problem after the camp we will take great care to look into the matter, but are unable to provide compensation.
Please talk to the camp manager on duty promptly if you have any concerns. If your child is still at camp and the problem persists please contact our head office. Your complaint will be taken very seriously and dealt with swiftly.
The England Sports Group acts as a Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. We need to collect some personal details from you so we can process your booking, such as names, ages and any applicable medical or dietary restrictions and, in some cases, credit or debit card or other payment details.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the necessary permission to pass on the personal details of all the children for whom you are making a booking.
In addition, we would like to hold and use some of your details for future marketing purposes, for example, sending you promotional information.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you do not want to receive future mailings from The England Sports Group.